The Trustees are mindful of the influence of new clinical and laboratory techniques on the advance of medical science, and are aware of the advantages that may be derived from visits to laboratories for the acquisition of new skills, and for setting up inter-institutional collaborative research. They are prepared to consider applications for funds to cover the expenses of travel and subsistence for such visits up to a maximum of £1,000.
- Applications should specify the benefit to the applicant of a proposed visit, including the relevance to the applicant’s ongoing research programme and career development.
- Applications must be accompanied by letters of support from the applicant’s Head of Department, and from the corresponding individual in the department to be visited.
- Applicants must submit a CV.
- Applications must include justification of the amount requested.
- The Trustees will not support the costs of travel, subsistence or registration for international or national congresses and symposia.