Submissions are invited for the Wingate Foundation Literary Prize 2023 worth £4,000.
For close to half a century, the Wingate Literary Prize has been shining a light on the books that best explore Jewish themes and matters by an illustrious list of writers. The winning book must be of literary merit and aimed at the general reader. Our judges are looking forward to being immersed in the wide range of fiction and non-fiction books published over the past year.
Criteria for submission
- Download our application form (PDF document)
- Submit five copies of each book, together with an electronic version, no later than 8 July 2022.
- Books must be published between 1 September 2021 and 31 August 2022.
- Submissions should be of literary merit, contain Jewish content and stimulate interest in questions of Jewish concern among a wider reading public. They should be aimed at the general reader.
- Submissions must be published in English, whether originally or in translation for this publication.
- Books must be published, distributed or easily available in the UK and Ireland.
- Poetry submissions and children’s books cannot be considered for this prize.
- The prize will be awarded in February / March 2023.